Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Inhumanity


I will never forget the first time I saw mans' inhumanity toward fellow man.  It was a baby.  A small, sweet, surely innocent soul who had no choice in the manner of its suffering.
Many more times since, I have witnessed a similar theme.
This changes a person.    
For me, due to my experiences, so many things are not about religious or political leanings any longer.
Or, perhaps due to my intrinsic nature, they never were.
No matter the context, once you see bootprints on a person's head, allegedly put there by folks that didn't agree with how that individual preferred to dress, or act, or live out their gift of time here on this earth...
Well, you see how ridiculous man can be.
And it makes me cry for my fellow man, and how mislead they are.  Because the perpetrator- also my fellow man, they believed in something as well...so strongly that they were compelled to act as they did. 
I can't forget.  And very few things will evoke more sadness in me.  
You see things your mind can't unsee or undo.
You change.

No comments:

Post a Comment