Saturday, June 17, 2017

Bean



This is my favorite coffee cup. A gift, of course, that represents my fondness for the warm beverage as well as a nickname that I'm rarely referred to by these days. Bean was a moniker my husband came up with when we were dating. My initials were LLB, so this was an offshoot of the retailer LL Bean, finally shortened to Bean. It became even more fun when his brother started dating another tall brunette also referred to by her people as Bean (her actual last name) for years before we'd met her. 

Everyone at work called me Bean as well. And I can't quite remember anymore why it wore off, or when most people stopped calling me by the nickname. But it was fun while it lasted. And every time I use this mug, my heart does a little flip, I grin to myself, and I remember younger times before all of our hearts got a little heavier with experience and loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment